Monday, April 26, 2021

Monday Treat

 Rereading this snippet made me giggle. Hope it brightens your Monday in the same way.

Snippet

“Alright, let’s not waste any more time here.” Dewdrop started for the tunnel.

Ryu settled a hand on his shoulder before he could get more than a few steps and steered him toward Tate. “XXXX will go first and then me. She’ll kill me if you get a scratch on your baby face.”

Dewdrop’s mouth popped open in outrage. “Hey! My face is much more mature now. I’ve even started growing a beard.”

Tate and Ryu paused to give him identical expressions of disbelief.

“It’s true.” Dewdrop said defensively.

Tate grabbed his chin, turning his face this way and that as she studied his jaw. “I’d like to see this so called beard. Can you point it out to me? All I see is a bunch of baby smooth skin.”

“Here. It’s right here.” Dewdrop pointed to a spot along his jawline. Tate squinted but still didn’t see anything. Making an irritated sound in the back of his throat, Dewdrop planted a hand on her face and shoved her away before hurrying several steps into the tunnel. “You don’t need to verify it. It’s there.”

Tate nodded as she started after him. “Uh huh. Sure it is.”

6 comments:

  1. Dewdrop! Thank you for the snippet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for the snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me smile - not quite as much as the Illith snippet you gave us recently, but still a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me smile - not quite as much as the Illith snippet you gave us recently, but still a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I resisted the urge to start this series because I was waiting for it to finish first. I finally broke down early after reading the Illith snippet & read all the books over the last few days and I have really enjoyed it. Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!!! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete