Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Snippet

To my relief, not all of this book is awful. There are some pieces that make me laugh. For instance the following exchange. As always -- this is not fully edited and I make no promises of it appearing in the final. (I just really hope it does)

“Yes, Kira! Knock the asshole right out of that idiot,” Jin crowed.

“Shut up, Tin Can. This is your fault,” Raider shouted.

Around them, Kira was vaguely aware of the others telling them to stop. Kira made no effort to listen. Neither did Raider. 

Kira twisted in Raider’s grip, stomping on his toes. Raider grunted. 

Stubborn. 

But then, had she really expected anything else?

This was Raider after all. The only person who was nearly as mule headed as Kira. They were a matched pair, each too ornery to get out of their own way sometimes.

Only, Kira had once considered Raider like a brother. Like all good sisters, she knew every one of her brother’s weaknesses.

She reached back, pinching his side then twisting.

Raider cursed again, his hold loosening.

Kira wasted no time slithering free. 

The next few minutes passed in a blur, a credit to neither of them in a fight that was mostly open handed slaps, pinches, hair pulling, and yes, biting. Mostly by Kira.

“That is enough,” Wren roared.

There was a loud clap and then an invisible hand forcibly shoved them away from each other.
They both stayed where they were, panting as Kira’s seon’yer glared at them, looking angrier than Kira had ever seen him.

“You're acting like children,” Wren spat.

Kira lifted a hand and pointed at Raider. "He started it."

16 comments:

  1. This is Hilarious I cant wait to read this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait! Love this snippet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gave me the biggest smile! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes please! I'll take that one like... yesterday! This is my most anticipated book in a series and I have quite a few outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm screaming!! I really hope this makes it into the book. This is hilarious lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. very funny! When can we read the rest of the book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, TA White! Do you have an ETA yet on Firebird #3? Soon, pretty please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finished Rules of Redemption. Loved it. When is # 3 ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the snippet. I checked, and no pre-orders yet, but will happily keep checking periodically... Also noticed, you have given us two wonderful books in the last 6 months, so no demands! Just so happy I have four of your wonderful worlds to re-read. Now I just have to decide where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the snippet. I so miss Kira
    and her band of merry misfits. I'm a little surprised that Jin was zapping both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New reader here, and I think I've consumed every book of yours over the past 6 weeks. I started with Aileen Travers and just finished Age of Deception, so to find out #3 is coming out this fall - I'm just so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing! I can not wait for the new book!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! It’s going to be epic!!!

    ReplyDelete