Tuesday, June 23, 2020

The Office

My home office is currently in a state of disarray, and it is driving me crazy. A few weeks ago, my mom convinced me to pull the trigger and renovate my work space. Currently, the plan is to put some built in bookcases and cabinets on the wall with the window. The end product will also include a window bench, which is something I've always wanted.

I say "end" because currently all we've done is paint that wall a deep, dark forest green. It looks amazing with the wood trim and is making me even more impatient for the end product. To paint, however, we had to pull the current book case, cat tree and other things away from the wall. That means everything in the book case is now scattered all over my office.

Having all this clutter in my work space where I'm supposed to be creative is distracting to say the least. Every time I turn my head and catch sight of the piles of stuff I want to tidy up, but there is no where to put things.

The cabinets should be here any day now (the wait is killing me). Then it'll be off to the races building the bookcases. Thankfully, my mom will be taking the lead in that because I've got exactly one talent and it doesn't lie in woodworking.

I imagine most of what I will be doing when we get to that point is holding boards in place. Maybe I'll get promoted and be allowed to nail/screw/cut the boards.  Not sure what the lingo is. I'm just along for the ride at this point.

Here's hoping I don't have much longer before order is restored to my little world.

2 comments:

  1. Do we get pics of the finished office? I've just finished rereading every single one of your books and I am sad cause I want more lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since we've heard from you, hope all is healthy and happy! Can't wait for the next book :)

    ReplyDelete