Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Progress Update

There are a lot of questions and excitement regarding Firebird 3. It's great to see, even if that means I feel a wee bit of pressure (the good kind). I thought I'd provide a small update.

Progress is slow (excruciatingly so), but I'm cautiously excited about the path I'm on. I've already inserted two new chapters into the beginning and have just linked up to the old material. Things will have to be rearranged throughout because of the changes I made, but honestly I kind of knew that while I was still writing the first draft.

I don't know if this will be done in time for October. This book is pivotal and I need to hit the exact right balance for the adventure to come.

I will say I've hit the stage where that felling I love about writing is beginning to take over--where the ideas are bubbling faster than I can catch them and I can't wait to get started every day. It's an exciting time. Even better, I think I'm gradually conquering the exhaustion that has plagued me for the last month.

Here's to charging through the next few chapters. It's going to be a wild ride, but I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, and look--a snippet for those who read to the end :-)

“Darling child of my sister, do you know what hells I had to travel? What horrors I’ve seen?” Jin asked with a calm that hinted at the brewing storm.
Elena looked like she was about to throw up as she held the hands that had touched Jin as far away from her as she could. “I think I have some idea.”
Jin crept toward her, inch by slow inch, a sense of menace slipping free. “No, my dear who is in the most trouble she’s ever been in during her short life, you don’t, but you will.”

13 comments:

  1. Ah! Perfect snippet! Thank you for the update! Stalking my favourite author blogs is my COVID-lifeline. Luck to your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I was waiting for the real jin 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i have reread both firebird books constantly through out this year and I’m honestly unable to move on!! So I’m very excited to read the next series- although it saddens me to know there’s a fourth book I’ll have to wait for hahaha. Hope you’re staying healthy and i can’t wait to learn more about Elena and Jin !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my gosh I needed this - and needed to see Firebird 3 is coming soon! - plus a snippet? Even better! I love the Tin Man.

    First time poster - wanted to say that I love all your books/series - just reread all of them in the last few weeks - but Firebird is my fave and if you can't get it out in October, well, November is my birthday month. I accept gifts of all types but my fave are eagerly anticipated book releases :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. October is too far away, can we negotiate for early September? I'm really looking forward to the next book. I will start rereading 1 and 2. Great series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to Firebird 3.So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I am so excited for the next book in this series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so very excited for the next book!! But I also know it'll be worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there going to be a continuation of the Aileen Travers series? I need a book 6..... and 7.... 8...9..10. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this snippet - soo looking forward to Firebird 3.
    I am also a great fan of your Pathfinder series, but what do I say I read everything that you write. So glad to have found that recommendation on Ilona Andrews BHD recommendations in December 2018. Hope you are able to raise your energy and have fun. Warm greetings from Germany Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have re-read this series and I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment. Thank you for the snippet. I love your books. Your ideas, your writing, and your characters are so strong. Please don't feel pressure, and write it the way you want it. It is your story and we are just along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete