Thursday, January 23, 2020

Age of Deception Small Teaser

To celebrate the completed proofing and formatting of Age of Deception, I've decided to give you a small teaser of what's coming.

Enjoy!

13 days until the book goes live!!

Teaser


Kira's smile was hard. "As I said before, this is a private party. We'd appreciate you leaving."

The leader settled a heavy hand on Kira's shoulder. "How about you be the one to leave?"

"Uh oh," Raider said, alarm snaking through his expression.

He had a right to be concerned. Kira had a thing about uninvited touching, and this Tuann had crossed her invisible bubble in a big way.

"If I were you, I'd take your hand off my shoulder before I break it." Kira was no longer as concerned with playing diplomat. Quickly she calculated the possible consequences of starting a fight, for once wishing Jin would chime in with his thoughts and opinions. He'd studied Tuann law. He'd likely know the possible repercussions.

Quiet fell, spreading throughout the bar as the patrons focused on the unexpected drama. Kira spotted Rheya and Devon among those present and stuffed down the part of her that would like nothing more than to start a bar fight.

"I'd watch your mouth, mongrel. You and your humans are a travesty. They should have put the lot of you down. It would be a mercy." He raised his voice so the rest could hear. "I question Roake's strength if they accept one such as you within their ranks."

Tension filled the air as no one moved.

Kira's lips quirked. "Raider, do you hear yapping?"

He stuck one finger in his ear and jiggled it around. "Yeah, it's kind of high pitched. Sounds like one of those little toy dogs—or maybe a puppy. It's hard to be sure."

13 comments:

  1. Such a thin line between a bad bar fight and a great party lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo excited! It's snowing here in WI and I wish I could take the 5th off and just curl up with this book and a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pre-order done! Counting is on!! This will be my reading celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! It's going to be fantastic! I have so much feelings towards these characters and I love watching them try to hate each other but if one of them gets jumped, the rest follow! I can't wait to see how these relationships unfold! Love, love, LOVE this world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok....so now I’ve read the deleted scene, chapter 1, & the teaser 2x!....Is it the 5th yet????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good book! When is your next one coming out?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finished!! Absolutly amazing reading :) and the cliff-hanger... Any plans on book number 3? 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so good! And one heck of an ending! Can't wait for book 3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved it. Now for the next book. No pressure

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there going to be an audiobook?

    ReplyDelete