Saturday, August 26, 2017

Saturday Morning Editing


Today is going to be a day for editing and writing. I lost last weekend and part of the week because I went down to Nashville to view the full eclipse. After all, what kind of science fiction/fantasy writer would I be if I didn't stop to take the time to enjoy the wonders this world holds? Answer - not a very good one.

While I loved seeing the eclipse and highly recommend anyone who hasn't seen one find a way to view it at least once in your life, it does mean I need to buckle down and get this book to the next stage. The next few days will be very work heavy. The good news is I'm pretty sure there is only one last scene I need to add/adjust then it's off to smoothing the rough spots in the story.

I decided I needed some inspiration this morning to help me focus. A trip to our local farmers market seems to have done the trick. A peaches and cream pastry from my favorite bread vendor, flowers to add a touch of whimsy and color, and coffee to keep me alert and focused for what's coming. Goodness knows I'm going to need that last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment