Monday, January 2, 2017

Hello 2017

2016 was a good year for me. I released two books, both of which doubled the goals I set for them. My real world job is going great and I'm dating an amazing person. As great as 2016 was, I'm hoping 2017 will be even better.

I have a lot of goals for 2017 so it's already shaping up to be a very busy year. I'm hoping to publish three books and a novella. Just typing those words has me stressing out about being behind.

To give you an idea of what I'm facing, here's a glimpse at what's coming this year.

Pathfinder's Way will be out on audio book on Jan. 18. I'm also planning a print version of this book sometime in January.

Midnight's Emissary, the sequel to Shadow's Messenger, will be published on Feb. 7 in both print and ebook.

Dragon-Ridden 2 is already written and I'm working on the second draft. A novella set in the Dragon world featuring the character of Jost has been plotted out. Both of these are looking at a summer release.

I'm also intending to write and release the sequel to Pathfinder's Way in late fall. This is the item I'm really worried about. The story for Shea tends to be a lot more complicated than the other worlds. Pathfinder's took me three years to write. Trying to cut that time down to six months for a first draft is giving me nightmares. Granted, I took an extended break in the middle of writing the first book, because I got so stuck that I couldn't figure out how to end it. Hopefully, I've learned from that experience and can stay on task this time.

I also need to move my website and blog to a different platform as the functionality in my current platform is not as robust as I would wish. I meant to get it done before the first but it just wasn't happening with all the other things on my plate.

I'm also contemplating attending a writer's conference in May. I'm waiting to hear back about my travel schedule for my real world job before I register.

That's it. That's my road map to making 2017 even better than 2016. It's going to be busy and stressful, but I think worth it at the end.

1 comment:

  1. First of all thank you for letting us know your plan! I wrote on your Facebook but this brings so much hope and joy seeing your writing plans. I am glad I found out about you this year. I can't believe how much fleeting hope your fans for Dragon Ridden (5 years counting O__O ) and Pathfinder have waited for these sequels. I would have died each year knowing the mystery of Tate would continue! Your writing is gorgeous. Pathfinder was what hooked me to your writing and Dragon Ridden solidified it. I think if you need more time to finish Pathfinder than take it. I find that a lot of self-publish authors rush into finishing a book and it turns out less than the prequel. It's a lot of pressure for sequels to be as good or greater than the first. So take your time to put out a work you love the most xD Even if it's been years... I personally can wait for the best version... only Dragon Ridden I can't wait lol Glad your year has been going swell. I look forward to reading more of your work!!! <3

    ReplyDelete