Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Ghost, Goblins and Witchs

It's that time of year again. Halloween. Where you get to dress up and pretend to be any sort of creature or thing you want. The more creative the better. I think that's why I like this holiday so much. It's such a rich holiday for the imagination whether that be creating a costume or decorating your home. That's why, for the second year in a row, I'm throwing a Halloween party.

My slight obsession with Pinterest has come in handy lately as I've managed to source a lot of great ideas for do it yourself decorations. It's also where I'm getting all the ideas for spooktacular recipes. Since I'm not made of money, I thought I'd think outside of the box and try to create several things from relatively inexpensive materials.

The below were created with construction paper and a stencil I created by printing the outline of a bat off my computer.
Poster paper and tracing my hands.

And the last image - streamers, poster board and tape.

I don't know why but it gives me an awesome feeling seeing the things I created out of such simple materials. Maybe it's because I've never considered myself particularly crafty. I'm excited for the party and hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment