Monday, June 7, 2021

Procrastination

Last night I went to bed with the intention of writing so many words in Eva 2 today. Over the weekend, the characters in that world filled my brain with countless ideas. Little snippets of scenes just begging to be written down.

Several hours into the day, I've addressed all of the outstanding fan emails and Facebook messages. Perused iStock for images. Made myself several mugs of tea. Spent an hour working out and taking a walk because exercise often helps unlock my creativity. 

There are no other tasks that can be used to delay writing. No further ways to procrastinate. It is time for that thing I dread most with every new project--actually starting. Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. Try NirAndFar.com/Indistractable. It’s helping me get my PhD written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dread certainly doesn't come through the pages, so I hope it doesn't offend if I say, YAY, a new story started!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva 2? Ah, of course, Eva of Winds Call - excellent, I enjoyed her first book and look forward to the next. Hope it's got rolling by now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Eva! I cant wait to read about her next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is Eva 2? Another story of yours? I can't believe I've missed that...

    ReplyDelete