Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Lots of writing

Whew, time flies when you're deep into the writing phase of a book. I know it's been awhile since the last update so here goes.

Aileen 5 is with the editor and should be back by next week. Fingers crossed. It has a title, cover and blurb. I've been going back and forth on the release date, which is why I haven't unveiled it yet. I'm hoping to publish in June. Right now I'm eyeing June 9 but that is dependent on a few things going well.

I just broke the 20,000 word mark in Kira 3. I'm trying not to question every decision I make in this book and just have fun visiting characters I love. It's a little hard and I keep rewriting scenes I've just written so progress is a little slower than I wanted.

Yeesh, you'd think after so many books I'd have this process down pat but every book is different it seems.

Now it's back to writing where I have to figure out how to get Kira and Jin out of their latest snafu. If they'd stop being so stubborn, it'd make my life so much easier.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to whilst I'm stuck at home! Just re-read Age of Deception, so I'm looking forward to the Kira 3. The weathers getting warmer, but I hope you can relax with some hot chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeeeee!! Thank you!! I cant wait for your books. I've reread all if your series multiple times and just reread all of the Aileen books in prep for this new one. Cant wait! Love Kira's adventures too. The firebird series is probably my favorite. Cant get enough of a kickass female character combined with a riveting plot and awesome dialogue! Thanks for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Kira and Jin weren't being stubborn, would they really be them?

    Have fun writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. June!? And more Kira and Jin!! Thanks for the update and for your work. I've read both books in the firebird and Aileen series a ridiculous amount of times so look forward to the new installments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snafus are fun, especially with those two!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been hooked since Shadow's Messenger came out. June seems so far away. "You know patience isn’t my strong suit.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, forgot to site quote by Aileen in Dawn's Envoy, but you already knew that.

      Delete
  7. I'm finishing a MS. Last class is Jun 15. I can't wait to curl up with Aileen without feeling like I should be doing homework instead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will wait coz good stuff takes time...
    I wll wait....will wait..(crying in background..)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all four of your series. Thank you for writing books that are actually story driven.

    ReplyDelete