Thursday, September 28, 2017

What's in a Name?

Now that Pathfinder 2 is off to the editor and I can finally think again, I thought we'd have some fun. That means it's time for a contest. More on that below.

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I hate naming things. While writing, I usually leave an xxx where a place/beast/person's name should go. This allows me to come back and spend more time coming up with a suitable-ish name. Though rarely, do I find one I am totally satisfied with. In Shea's world, it feels like every other page needs some type of creative name. That go me thinking. Why stress out about every single beast/plant/place name when my fans are brilliant, creative people all on their own? Some (most) of you would probably come up with a much better name than myself.


Now to the contest


I have two species of beasts that need a name. I'm interested in seeing what sorts of names you, my reader, comes up with. If you have a name you think might be awesome, comment below or on Facebook. On Monday, I will pick two names from the entries and use them in the book.

Ready, set, name away!

1 comment: