Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Journey

I decided to take a short break from working on the ending for Pathfinder's 2 and write a quick blog post since I've been a little absent of late.

My real world job has had me a bit busy with traveling for work over the past couple days, but that doesn't mean I've stopped writing. Since I've traveled for work a lot more this year, it's meant more writing on the road or while waiting for a flight in an airport terminal. I've even cut evenings short to go back to the hotel to get a few thousand words in before bedtime. A writer's life never stops it seems.

Let's see. Below is a list of some of the places that I've visited while writing Shea and Fallon's story:

  • A few thousand words written on multiple trips to Chicago
  • 5000 words written on the trip too and from San Antonio
  • 2000-4000 while driving to North Carolina
  • 3000 during a two day trip to Pittsburgh
  • A little less than 4,000 on the trip too and from Seattle
  • 113,000 words written while home in Columbus, OH
Sometimes I take inspiration from the places I've visited. Either way, it's nice to get out of the house though it can be a bit distracting. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish Shea's story before I add to this list, but you never know. There might be a place or two added before I'm through. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - sounds like you've clocked up some serious mileage!! I'm from the South Island of New Zealand and we are so small in comparison to the US. The closest city is Christchurch - on the east coast and approximately half way down the South Island. The distance to Greymouth (on the west coast) is approx 250km (or 155 miles). We truly can't comprehend how large the USA is - everything here is so close and we therefore grumble when we have to travel for more than an hour to get anywhere :)
    Really looking forward to Pathfinder 2 - hope Shea and Fallon are making it easy on you!!

    ReplyDelete