Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year Everybody!

With the start of the new year, I can't help but look back at the past year and all that has occurred. This time last year I was sitting on a cot in Manas after having just left Afghanistan. I remember hearing several loud booms and thinking we were under attack. I immediately tried to identify the location of the nearest bunker, where my weapon was (it was in the men's tent under guard), and being extremely upset that we had no ammo for those weapons. Needless to say, for a few moments I was a little worried and deep into a fight or flight response. It wasn't until a woman came in saying she saw fireworks being shot up into the sky that I even realized that it was midnight on New Year's Day.

Fast forward a year and I am ringing in the New Year with several of my dearest friends while attending my first blues dance party (which was a LOT of fun despite the fact that I had no idea how to do blues dancing.) I have since left the military, finished my first book, published that book and am working on a new one. It has been an eventful year filled with ups and downs. Despite the challenges this year, I am in awe over the many blessing in my life and there are so many things I am grateful for.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year and that the next one is even better than the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment