Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Favorite excerpt and snippet

Slowly working through the current book and ran across a scene by a pair of my favorite characters that made me smile.

Roscoe and Ghost are a pair who came out of nowhere in one of the Shea's books and have just refused to go away. Their ridiculousness is something I look forward to.

Snippet

“Shall we make a bet?” Ghost asked in a cheerful tone. “How many bites does it take to bring down a Lion?”

Roscoe and Ghost ambled closer. There were playful smiles on their faces as they watched xxxx with an avarice that said they’d found a toy they looked forward to breaking.

Eva could almost feel sorry for the man. Maybe if he hadn't been so rude and objectionable she would have. 

“Why bet when we already know the outcome?” Roscoe asked.

“Ah, but we don’t know how many bones Sebastian will break in the process.” 

Roscoe pretended to think it over. “Alright, I bet two ribs and at least one broken limb.”

Xxx’s expression got even more freaked out. “Alright! I get it. I was wrong. Are you done?”

Ghost gave Roscoe a quizzical look. “I don’t know, Roscoe. Are we done?”

“Naw. We’re having too much fun.” Roscoe propped a foot on a small bit of debris and leaned his elbow on his knee. “Besides, the kyren’s caller is sure to appreciate our defense, don’t you think?”

Ghost had a thoughtful look on his face. “I see your point. I’ve been waiting to ride a kyren again. Think this means she’ll put in a good word for us?”

4 comments:

  1. Love the snippet, thank you! Can't wait to see what you write next about the Broken Lands, so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t wait! I check regularly for more Broken Lands books.

    ReplyDelete