Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Randomness

Warning-- This post will be full of random info. Coherence is beyond me today.

What an interesting week it has been. Both nerve wrecking and exciting at the same time. I spent most of yesterday obsessing over how Threshold of Annihilation was doing. To my relief, most people seem to have enjoyed the book. It's reached number 1 in its genres in several countries and exceeded my expectations across the board. Thank you, everyone, for your support.

There are a couple minor typos that have since been addressed, but otherwise I'd consider this latest book a success. 

Because a release always seems to spawn a thousand questions about what's next, I'll take a moment to answer.

The print and audio versions of TOA are underway. Before you ask, I don't have any hard dates of when either of these will be available. 

For those interested in how this part of the process works, audio and print can't start until I have a completed version of the manuscript--which I didn't have until last Wednesday. 

The cover for print can't be designed until I have final page count and the audio can't be recorded until we know the words won't be changing. I could have delayed the ebook release until these were ready but I didn't think most of the fans would be happy about that :-)

As to when Firebird 4 is coming out-- I have no clue. I haven't even started thinking about it... Ok, that's a lie. I may have spent some time daydreaming potential plots and asking myself the what if questions. The additions of a few new characters (if you've read the book you should know who I mean) has me super excited for what comes next. There's even a short extra scene I've been toying with showing what happened on the planet during the bombardment with a certain new character and how she got discovered :-). 

But there's no concrete plans and I have no idea when I'll circle back as I have to finish Dragon 5 and Eva 2 before Firebird 4. 

In other news, I've slowly been adding my back catalog to Google Play. Dragon Ridden is finally getting a print version so that will slowly start making its way to publication as well.

Moonlight's Ambassador audio book goes live Dec. 17 with Dawn's Envoy following on Jan. 5.

I think that's most everything. I've been considering doing a Facebook live this weekend so let me know if that's something you guys are interested in.

19 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers that you decide to write that extra scene! I've been imagining how it went down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the book! I needed a day off, and timed it for the release day so I could just sit, read, and relax. 😄. Extra scenes are always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished the book. Love it!!!
    Want more, please)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the new book so much, thank you for continuing to get these awesome stories out to us! I’m sure there is so much more happening on the flip side than we even know! It’s not often that an author has so many series happening at once and you spoil us by getting multiple books out a year, THANK YOU!! I sincerely appreciate it and can’t wait to read more about all of these characters. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the book could not put it down so spent all night reading it. finished just in time to shower and go to work. It was beyond awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will Natasha Soudek be reading the audio book again? She is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can I be selfish and ask that you only write firebird 4 next? okay. just ignore me. btw, I love the series so much I read it 20-something times already (and in the span of few months only). thank you for the great book and the great series!! i hope the next one will come out sooner than scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for your audio. Your books and one other series are about all the can handle on audible. That extra scene would be incredible. I was wondering how it was planet side and how they were discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Firebird 3. What’s Eva 2?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did anyone catch the error at the banquet with Graydon and his cape? Ta Sa'Reil was not where Kira saw the cape on Roderick. It was Ta Da'An.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for explaining about the process for the print book. I look forward to when it is out in the future. I really really love the Firebird Series. Thank you for the wonderful series, and I wish you happy holidays. Peace and blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When will Eva 2 come out??Don't leave me hanging;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! The book was great, as always! (although I did jumped forward through some too-long-and-repeating-for-me descriptions).

    I am totally intrigued by the new characters (especially the one you are considering for the short story :D) and hope we'll have a chance to get to know them (and like them, hopefully :D). Also, I so very hope Reider gets a happy ending :) I think the poor guy deserves it! :D

    As the book didn't end on a cliffhanger, I, personally, am totally fine with waiting for the next one :D take your time, you did a great job! Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Pathfinder spin off 😊

      Delete
    2. Pathfinder spin off 😊

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I did buy the book. I started it but it was kind of slow so I have not gone far.

      Delete
    4. Thanks! I did buy the book. I started it but it was kind of slow so I have not gone far.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the books, looking forward to seeing more. Out of curiosity, is Dragon Ridden in the same 'universe' as Firebird? There are some things that make me think they might be, or maybe I am reading too much into 'purple tentacle monster pulling one of the moons out of the sky'. Some of the set up that led Tate and her fellow warriors to the planet sound a bit like the war with the Tsavitee as well.

    ReplyDelete