Friday, October 16, 2020

Graydon POV

I realized after a fan requested it that I haven't posted a Graydon POV yet. One of the reasons is his parts tend to give out major spoilers. This was the least spoilery piece I could find. 

I hope you enjoy!

Warning -- this is not really edited so mistakes abound. Read at your own risk 

Graydon held himself in check with a rigid discipline born from the most brutal training a Tuann could undertake. All this time and that was the first thing she wanted to say?

No “how are you” “sorry for leaving” “I missed you”. 

Fine. If that’s how she wanted to play it, he was game. He liked challenges. They were so fun to conquer.

Graydon prowled across the room, noting the way Kira subtly stiffened at his approach. 

Satisfaction rumbled through him. 

She wasn’t as unaffected as she pretended.

Good.

When the silence lengthened, Kira shot him a questioning look.

“They’ve concluded you were in the right.”

Kira dropped her feet from the desk. “I take it I can go then?”

Graydon bared his teeth at her. It wasn’t going to be that easy, colina.

Graydon studied his nails. “They’ve released you into my care.”

He didn’t have long to wait.

“What does that mean?”

“I’m so glad you asked. Let me explain.” He invaded her space, watching as she barely concealed her flinch at the merciless expression on his face that even his gentle smile didn't fully hide. “It means you're mine.”

He straightened, enjoying the temper rising behind her eyes. “At least for the remainder of your time on this planet."

10 comments:

  1. Do you have an updated estimated release date for Firebird 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoooooooooMG! That was the best! I can't wait to read Firebird 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please please let book3 be there soon. Pretty please with a cherry on top ☺️. I love the série and can't wait (skeeling like a little girl. My hubby is looking as if I lost AL my marbles,... Again)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for Firebird 3. Does the book have a title yet, and when (approx.) can we expect it on Amazon?? Thanks for the snippet. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the snippet. Really wishing to get my hands on for Firebird 3 soon. If you have a tentative date, please share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I love the interaction between these two. Very much looking forward to the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited! Can’t wait to read what is next for these two and the gang. Hope the writing process is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait til book no 3, any timelienes on the release date? I have been checkin goodreads and amazon obsessively hoping to find the date!! Love this series and those characters! Thank you for your books 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to the release. Love these characters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the snippet! I love this series.

    Hey from Chile!

    ReplyDelete