Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Hot Chocolate Disaster

We had our first snowfall of the season last night and today it is cold outside. It's left me craving hot chocolate as I work through the first round of edits on Firebird 2.

In the afternoon, I decided to take a brief break to make hot chocolate on the stove. Midway through I get an idea to fix a broken piece I've been struggling with. 

I leave the chocolate to type up the words. Shortly after, I smell burning milk. Run back to the kitchen to find the hot chocolate boiling over and the source of the smell. 

The chocolate was burned and ruined. I had to start again. Second time, the hot chocolate made it through successfully, but the stove is a giant mess.

You would think I'd learn, having done this a time or two. Every time I promise myself it's just one sentence, but then I get caught up and forget that you shouldn't leave things on an active stove. 

Learn from my mistakes. Don't write and cook.

3 comments:

  1. Nope never did that not even once...mmm well maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So excited to hear about book 2. I’m hooked. Also, hot chocolate sounds like a good idea right now. Think I’ll go buy some tomorrow to celebrate news of book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Yes! I have been rereading book 1 and went back and just read all the wayfarers books and just finished reading about Allegra in book 4. Intending to try and keep myself from yet again reading that wonderful book and realizing there was nothing to quench the thousands of queries my mind comes up with to see if I can figure out what's going to happen next. Mind you I'm usually never anywhere close bc you keep the story unwinding is such beautiful disarray at times but then manage to sort it out in the best way possible. I cannot thank you enough for sharing such wonderful fantastic stories with all your readers both present and in the future.

    ReplyDelete