Monday, March 5, 2018

Chugging Along

Things are moving along on all fronts. Right now, I'm just trying to tread water to stay on top of it all. Between wedding planning, finishing up Dragon 3 and starting Pathfinder 3, I'm having to implement some of the organizational abilities I've gleaned from years in the military, followed by a stint in corporate America to stay focused and continue to get things done.

The comments from my beta readers for Dragon 3 have started pouring in, and I am beginning to sift through to see what needs to be addressed. Technically, the deadline for these aren't due until Friday, but I've found it helps get my brain warmed up if I start thinking of ways to fix some of the problem areas as they come in rather than waiting for the avalanche at the end. Otherwise, I tend to get overwhelmed, which can lead to me freezing up and/or finding the nearest hole to crawl into. Thankfully, most of the comments so far have pointed at minor issues, which is always reassuring.

I've also planned out the first third of Pathfinder 3. It's been a bit of an easier go of it this time, since a lot of my ideas were part of the outline for Mist's Edge. I'm actually kind of excited to get started on this book since all the cool stuff I wanted to write was in the latter half of that outline. It's kind of hard not to just dive into writing, but I've learned from previous experience that jaunting off without a plan usually leads to me wandering lost and confused in one of my worlds. Since you guys probably don't want to wait three years for me to figure out an ending, it's best to take my time and come up with a well thought out story before I run head first into dangerous territory.

On the personal front, I decided on my cake baker, flower person, and photographer for the wedding. All major wins in my book, since these were the last major items I was stressing over. Since I love food and am an amateur photographer, it was very important to me to find people that I liked for this. I think I've done that. There are a few things left, but nothing as stressful as those. This means that I can buckle down and focus on Pathfinder 3. My goal is to have it written and in someone else's hands at least a week before my wedding. Otherwise, I might turn into a writerzilla crossed with a bridezilla because of all the stress.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read Pathfinder 3 but glad you're not rushing through it just to satisfy readers. I hate when a good series has a quick fix ending. Also, congrats on having some wedding planning stress taken off your shoulders. Best of luck to you for both endeavors. Cheers ��

    ReplyDelete