Thursday, April 27, 2017

Shifting Seas Short Story

I've been working on a side project for a couple of weeks now. It started as a challenge to myself and grew from there. Since it has been so long since I published Dragon-Ridden, I wanted to write a short story set in the Dragon-Ridden world that featured a side character from the first book. For whatever reason, Jost and how he first met Tate got stuck in my head. It led to all sorts of questions about Jost and his crew that I hadn't considered before.

The more I thought about doing a short story with Jost as the main character, the more excited I became. One of my favorite things about today's era of publishing is how authors have begun to explore the worlds they've created through short stories or extra scenes from other characters points of view. I'm not going to lie, there are a few authors that I cyber stalk under the hope they will post one of these shorts to their blogs or Facebook feeds. I've wanted to do something similar in my own series for a while now.

Surprisingly, it was a lot more difficult to write a short story from Jost's POV than I thought it would be. I'm still trying to figure out how that could be considering that the short story I wrote is less than a quarter of the length of a full book. It took me way longer to write this than I had first allotted. 

For the next couple weeks, I will release a chapter a week through the blog. At the end, I will create a page on my website that people can go to read the full book. I hope you enjoy Jost and his adventures as much as I have. To read the first chapter, click on the link below.

Shifting Seas - Chapter One


Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for Shifting Seas - this is something that is so exciting for readers who love your stories and who count down the days between books. Will have to re-read Dragon Ridden to get Tate's story back in my memory again. Loving Jost's POV - this is sooooo exciting :)

    ReplyDelete