Saturday, January 12, 2013

Discoveries

One of my favorite things that has come about from having to pimp my book on so many forums is the discovery of some excellent blogs about book reviews. Once upon a time I tried to launch my own blog asserting my opinions on books but alas I quickly lost interest and it ended up falling by the wayside. What can I say? I like to read but find it difficult to insert time to write about everything I have read. I read one to two books a day!

Awful, I know, but it's so much easier to find a new book then spend minutes or hours composing my thoughts into a coherent argument for why I like or dislike a book. I'm trying to change that and have written several reviews on goodreads, but it is slow going and still not my favorite task. That's why I have a lot of respect for others who manage to have whole blogs devoted to reviewing books.

A by product of this discovery is finding several new authors to read! I can't even say how excited that makes me as I'm always scouting potential up and coming authors. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. Good because that means more books. Bad because when I find new books I tend to lose focus when it comes to my writing. I also tend to hole up in my room and read to the exclusion of all else.

I have made many discoveries in my self-publishing journey t but this is by far one of my favorites. I'm glad that the road is not only filled with seemingly insurmountable obstacles but lovely places to stop and take a break as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment